Canada is celebrating its 150th birthday with a Canada-wide beer collaboration with Canadian breweries from 12 provinces and territories. The announcement was made by Central City Brewers + Distillers.
The Red Racer Across The Nation Collaboration 12-pack is the first of its kind. Each of the 12 collaborative beers was brewed at Central City’s brewery in Surrey—each takes inspiration from its home province.
Central City Brewers + Distillers’ Brewmaster Gary Lohin spoke about the collaboration in an interview. He said, “There is a great sense of comradery amongst us craft brewers in Canada, and what better way to show our pride in our country than to bring together some of Canada’s best breweries on a celebratory mix-pack to commemorate this huge Canadian milestone. We all know Canada is renowned for our great beer and it has been such an honour to work with each of the breweries. We can’t wait to showcase some spectacular beers and the brewing talents of all 12 breweries.”
Below is a list of the 12 breweries partnering on the Red Racer Across the Nation Collaboration.
- British Columbia, Delta: Four Winds Brewing Company with Brewmaster Brent Mills
- Alberta, Calgary: Last Best Brewing & Distilling with CEO Brett Ireland and Operations Manager Phillip Brian
- Saskatchewan, Swift Current: Black Bridge Brewery with Co-owners Clayton and Kari Stenson
- Manitoba, Winnipeg: Half Pints Brewing Company with Brewmaster Chris Young
- Ontario, Vankleek Hill: Beau’s Brewing Company with Owner Steve Beauchesne and Brewer Kevin James
- Quebec, Shawinigan: Le Trou Du Diable with Pilsner Brewer Specialist Stephane Thibodeau and Co-Owner Luc Bellerive
- Nova Scotia, Halifax: Garrison Brewing Company with Brewmaster Daniel Girard
- New Brunswick, Fredericton: Picaroons Traditional Ales with Owner and Operator Sean Dunbar
- Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown: PEI Brewing Company with Head Brewer Chris Long
- Newfoundland, John’s: Quidi Vidi Brewing Company with Brewer Einar Holtet and Sales & Marketing Manager Justin Fong
- Yukon, Whitehorse: Yukon Brewing Company with Head Brewer Jon Zaugg and Brewer Troy Charlton
- Northwest Territories, Yellowknife: NWT Brewing Company with Owner Fletcher Stevens
On May 2017, the Red Racer Across the Nation Collaboration 12-pack (330 ml bottles) will be available in liquor stores in most provinces of Canada. While in a select-few provinces, it will be available as two, unique six-packs.
For more information, you can visit centralcitybrewing.com