Mother And Daughter Die In Freak, Sauna Accident

sauna
Share on Facebook26Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Reddit0Share on Google+0

There are 99 ways to die in this world, but a sauna usually isn’t one of them. Most people don’t go into a sauna with the thought of possibly never climbing out. It’s very rare, but sadly, a mother and daughter in the Czech Republic were among the rare casualties.

Ages 65 and 45, the two women became trapped inside a sauna recently near the town of Jicin (northeast of Prague) after the door handle broke.

“The handle on the sauna door broke and the women were trapped. They tried to break the window on the door but failed,” police-spokeswoman Iva Kormosova said.

The women were reportedly in the sauna for 90 minutes!

“The mother and daughter aged 65 and 45 were taking a sauna at their friends’ place in a garden colony,” Kormosova stated. “The owner thought they were taking too long to come out so she went to check and found them lying on the floor.”

The owner quickly called emergency services in a desperate attempt to save the lives of the two women, but nothing could be done—they had died from prolonged exposure.

It was definitely a sad turn of events for the two ladies. Two generations gone in just one visit to the sauna. I hope these two ladies rest in peace and that no one else falls victims to faulty doorknobs in saunas.

Comments

Share on Facebook26Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Reddit0Share on Google+0